We love to welcome students to Canley Community Church! Quite a few of our congregation were students at Warwick University, so we know a little bit what it’s like to look for a church where you’re really welcomed by everyone.
If you’re looking for a church where you will really be a part of the action, where you can join in and help in all the different things we do, come to Canley. You probably won’t join us if you’re looking for a church with loads of students and a massive student work – we only have a small number of students at Canley, but each one is loved and made to feel at home.
We have a place for students who want to get involved in the activities of the church, whatever gifts you have. You could join with us in:
- 4th Sunday – a very different style of service that includes food, fun and families getting to know a bit more about Jesus. You could help with setting up or running the service.
- Music – playing in church services on a Sunday, but we also have a choir for special events in the year.
- Helpers - we do community projects like cleaning up overrun gardens etc.
- Church Cafe - started a year ago, running each Friday – would you like to volunteer to serve food and drinks?
- Vulnerable people – we have a number of works working with older people and adults with learning difficulties which require lots of volunteers (you’ll need to have a CRB check of course)
You’ll be able to get support from ex-Warwick students who have experienced the challenges of University life and good teaching from different preachers each week in the services. We also have a long tradition of feeding students on Sunday lunchtimes.
The church is just a short walk from the main campus of the University of Warwick – about a mile, 20 minutes walk for most people (it’s even closer to Westwood Campus). There’s a map you can download, or find us on google maps.